With just 4 weeks to go until the Bonkers for Burpees world-record attempt, I thought I would share some of the specific workouts I am doing to train for the big day.
As I stated in an earlier blog post, I am training five days a week with two rest days mixed in. Each day of training includes both cardio and strength training.
Monday, June 27
The week starts off strong, with a workout of:
- Stairclimber: Four sets of 400 meters, with each set lasting 1 minute and 15 seconds, followed by a rest period of 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Stairclimber: Four sets of 200 meters, with each set lasting 37 seconds followed by a 90-second rest period.
- Cable chest press: 30 reps at 70 pounds
- EZ-bar skull crushers with sit ups: 10 reps at 50 pounds
- Barbell Bent Over Row: 15 reps at 135 pounds
- Cable bicep curls: 15 reps at 60 pounds
Tuesday, June 28
Feeling the impact of Monday’s workout, I give it my best on Day 2:
- Stairclimber: 45 minutes at a setting of 80 steps per minute
- 60 seconds of burpees: Gave it a shot, but my legs were tired and heavy from Monday’s workout. Time to adjust to an arm blaster workout!
The arm blaster workout consisted of the following:
- Medicine ball slam: 12 reps with 25-pound ball
- Skull crushers: 12 reps at 75 pounds
- Hammer bicep curls: 20 reps at 35 pounds
- Dumbbell reverse fly: 15 reps at 25 pounds
Once my arms were blasted, it was time to focus on my core:
- TRX Knee Tucks: 30 seconds
- TRX Pikes: 30 seconds
- Medicine Ball sit-up toss into the rebounder
Wednesday, June 29
After so much heavy work the past two days, it was time to focus on some cardio and burpees
- Rower for 30 minutes, maintaining a pace of 2 minutes and 15 seconds per 500 meters
- Attempted to match AMP’s 250-meter rower record of 41.3 seconds, set by Rocco, but fell just short
- Stretch and burpees: 10 minutes of stretching followed by 1 minute of speed-based burpees
Our Bonkers for Burpees event will take place Aug. 7 from 12-3 p.m. For more information on how you can participate, or to learn more about sponsorship opportunities, give us a call at 216-831-3674 or email us at email@example.com.
Achieve More Possibilities