AMP Fitness in Beachwood, Ohio continues to show your Metabolism is key to your weight loss success.
“When it comes to weight loss, there is no such thing as ‘one size fits all.’ Many factors affect a person’s metabolic rate: age, weight, body composition, hormone levels, gender and fitness level combine to create a highly unique number,” said Larry Tedor, owner of AMP Fitness. “Similarly, each person gains weight for a variety of physical, emotional and environmental reasons. Charts and averages are not always effective ways to construct a diet plan.
During the simple, 10-minute test, the air you breathe out is analyzed to determine exactly how much oxygen your body consumed and measure your metabolic rate. Once completed, your metabolic rate is then used to calculate your Target Caloric Zones. These zones reveal the maximum number of calories you can eat each day and still lose weight, leaving your body healthy, happy and satisfied.
“With the CardioCoach you receive specific data so that we can customize a plan just for you. No gimmicks, no empty promises. Just real science that leads to real results. Understanding your body’s unique metabolic rate will allow the fitness professionals at AMP Fitness to customize your weight-loss or maintenance program around your needs.
“With the CardioCoach you receive specific data so that we can customize a plan just for you. No gimmicks, no empty promises. Just real science that leads to real results.” – Larry Tedor, AMP Fitness Owner
“Additionally, your RMR results can screen for a slowed metabolism that may explain frustrated attempts to lose weight in the past. It can also reveal changes in your metabolism during the weight-loss process that can help trouble shoot a frustrating plateau. Also, once you reach your goal, an RMR measurement can give you the precise caloric prescription for maintenance to help you sustain that goal weight.”
Metabolic testing measures what you burn through:
- Exercise: Your resting metabolic rate is used to calculate how many calories you would burn if you exercised moderately for 30 minutes.
- Lifestyle: Your resting metabolic rate is used to calculate how many more calories you burn by performing daily activities like walking, eating and driving.
- Resting: Your resting metabolic rate is a number that is unique to each person. It represents the number of calories you would burn if you sat in a chair all day long.
“Understanding your body’s unique metabolic rate will allow the fitness professionals at AMP Fitness to customize your weight-loss or maintenance program around your needs.” – Larry Tedor, AMP Fitness Owner
Once your resting metabolic rate is determined, you can then calculate the number of calories you can eat each day for one of three target zones:
- Maintenance: The number of calories you need to eat to stay at your current weight. This is an important number to know as it will help you keep off the weight you have worked so hard to lose.
- Weight loss: The maximum amount of calories you can eat and still lose weight at about 1.5 pounds a week. By listening to what your body wants, you will learn what it needs to be successful.
- Supervised: Too few calories can slow your metabolism, deprive you of vital nutrients, and cause you to regain lost weight quickly. It can also lead to muscle loss.
To learn more about the benefits of Resting Metabolic Rate testing, or to schedule your test, call AMP Fitness at 216-831-3674 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AMP Fitness is located at 23436 Commerce Park in Beachwood. Our hours are Mondays through Fridays from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to noon.
(Photo courtesy of korr.com)